You may have had many people telling you to set up your Google Business page but you may be wondering if it’s a tool you really need to consider.
Google Business is a free tool, which is a phrase we LOVE to hear in marketing
Google Business helps you manage how your business appears on the Google search function and Google maps. Whether you have a bricks and mortar store or your business is online, typically people will come to search online so I always suggest having a presence.
You can add in information about your business name, location and opening/working hours, add in photos of your products and services and encourage and respond to customer reviews. It can also help you discover how people are searching for you and similar products of services online.
You can set up your profile by:
- Creating a Google account with your business name
- Add in your business details include what your business category your in
- Choose a verification option (the most common way to verify is via post. Google will mail you a postcard with a code which you can then log back in and add)
Once you are set up you can then login to your profile and add:
- All your business details
- Plenty of product, service or business images
- Update your cover photo (try to keep this on brand)
- Update your profile picture
- Regularly add posts, videos and photos
- Upload your events and announcements to the page
- Ask and monitor your page for reviews
As with any marketing tool you use, its important to ensure the information about your business is up to date, accurate and complete.
I see my profile a bit like an additional social media channel. I can share all my events, offers and even blogs straight to the page so its just another way to be found online. You can also download the application for your phone too, so you can upload on the go.
Check out the Dot & Stripe Google Business page here
If you need a bit of help getting started with Google Business or some support on what to keep your page active, please get in touch. We would love to help.